Pin-in accidents are terrifying! Many people lose their lives annually due to being trapped in a vehicle after an accident. It takes a hydraulic device called the “jaws of life” to free the trapped victims.
More often than not a Pin-in accident is the result of a rollover crash or because of high impact. Unfortunately, the injuries caused by a Pin-in are severe and often times life-threatening. The outcome can be horrific! The aftermath can be stressful and difficult to deal with. Medical bills are expensive and recovery time can really cause financial friction.What Is A Pin-in Accident?
When someone who is involved in a certain accident gets stuck or caught inside of the wreckage it is considered to be a Pin-in accident. A Pin-in accident often times, requires the use of the “jaws of life” (a hydraulic device used to pry open a vehicle) in order to get the victim to safety.Types of Injuries
The injuries caused by a pin-in accident are usually pretty brutal and severe. There have been several incidents in which the victims were barely harmed at all.
- Internal Organ Damage
- Internal Bleeding
- Broken Bones
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury)
These are the more common types of injuries seen. The reason the injuries are so severe is because of the blunt force from the impact. In some really terrible cases, there has been the loss of limbs. The severe impact, crushing glass, metal bending and breaking can cause permanent damage to your body physically and emotionally. Some people are left with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and a fear of being in cars.Legal Options & How A Lawyer Can Help
If the accident was caused by someone other than yourself you have legal options available. You can talk with a lawyer and take the necessary steps it takes to file a claim against the guilty party whether it is a company or another driver.
Personal injury lawyers and accident lawyers can help you in so many ways. There are times when a claim can be filed against another party but often times having a lawyer to file it for you provides more of a guarantee that you will win.
- Lawyers do all the technical and difficult work necessary when filing claims. There is a lot of research involved and technicalities to worry about.
- If you or a loved one was injured a personal injury and accident lawyer is going to check into the liability aspects and determine who the guilty party is.
- Insurance paperwork can be daunting. Lawyers are specially trained in the fields of insurance companies, local and state laws, as well as, filing the paperwork.
- If your case goes to court there’s a good chance you can win receiving the justice and financial compensation necessary to handle the medical bills etc.
No accident is a good accident! The stress, strain, healing, and sometimes loss of loved ones can take a toll on your life. Reaching out to a lawyer during these tough times can take a little weight off of your shoulder. Don’t forget, often times lawyers offer free consultation just in case you need some clarification.