Child Injury & Accidents
It is always difficult to see a child who is hurt and injured in an accident, especially when it’s your own child. While some injuries can be fatal leading to death, others may just leave behind a scar.
In 2008, Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) published a report about child injuries both fatal and nonfatal. Between the years 2000 and 2006 it was estimated that over 9-million kids visited the emergency room due to unintentional accidents and injuries. Those statistics are only for the nonfatal accidents!The 7 Most Common Child Injury & Accidents
- Falls: Falling off of their bed, bike, scooter, and down the stairs are some of the basic reason for falls.
- Animal Bites: Life happens, whether it’s the neighbor’s dog or a stray chipmunk animal bites sometimes happen.
- Insect Bites & Stings: Ants nests and bee stings are pretty common causes.
- Overexertion: Overexertion is generally seen in the summer months when the kids are outdoors playing in the heat. More often than not, it is during a sporting event that this takes place.
- Being Struck By Or With Something: Again, sports injuries such as being struck by the baseball during the game. Being struck by a vehicle or bicycle are also both common causes of this injury.
- Burns: Campfires, candle wax, hot stove/oven heaters, and scalding water are just a few of the causes of burn accidents.
- Car Accidents: Whether the child is struck while riding a bicycle, walking, or while traveling in a vehicle, car accidents happen on regular basis.
There are various accidents and injuries that take place that requires the aid of a licensed attorney or lawyer.
- Malpractice: Medical Malpractice happens when a medical or healthcare professional injures a patient due to their negligence, as well as, medical errors and complications that could have been preventable.
- Negligent Childcare: When a child gets injured while under supervision of a childcare provider and the accident that caused the injury took place due to negligence and the lack of supervision or car of the childcare provider or the facility responsible.
- Playground & Park Accidents: Defective and faulty equipment can sometimes be the cause of a child’s injury. If this is the case then it’s time to talk to a lawyer.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: If and when a child gets injured in a car accident it is important to reach out to a lawyer for help on so many levels.
- Lawyers can help you find out if you/your child is/are entitled to any financial claim.
- Answer questions about liability and give you information about such topic.
- Help seek and provide any insurance information, complete paperwork, and file claims.
- File a lawsuit with a lawyer or find out if you even have a possible lawsuit to file.
- Help guide you with any necessary paperwork when it comes to filing and filling it out.
Overall, a lawyer in Nashua, New Hampshire will help you and your child receive the justice you deserve. Accidents happen every single day and when they happen to our children it can be one of the hardest things to deal with.Attorneys for Child Injury & Accidents
If your child has been injured and you are unsure whether you might have a claim to file or even if you just have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to a well-trusted lawyer from Anzalone Law Firm, PLLC. Contact us at: 603.548.3797 and see how we can help you!