Side Effect of Xarelto
Over 20000 people who have used Xarelto have filed lawsuits against the manufacturers of this drug (Bayer Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Janssen) for injuries. Patients have complained that they have suffered from various infections, internal bleeding and even wound leaks. These pharmaceutical companies were sued mainly because they failed to disclose important details regarding certain dangerous side effects.What is Xarelto?
Xarelto also referred to as Rivaroxaban. It is a blood thinner used to prevent and aid in treating blood clots. It is designed to help lower the risk of pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis and stroke.Side Effects of Xarelto
There are over 20 common Xarelto side effects. If you experience any of the following side effects, it’s important to seek immediate medical attention. A side effect may not seem serious or painful from the start, but it could develop into a life-threatening illness.
- back pain
- bloody stools
- bleeding gums
- leg weakness
- coughing up blood
- red or dark brown urine
- problems with swallowing or breathing
- bladder or bowel dysfunction
- vaginal bleeding or increased period flow
- numbness, itching, prickling tingling, pins and needles, crawling and burning sensation.
- diarrhea, numbness, nosebleeds
- fainting, vomiting up blood
- burning while urinating
- pain in the arms or legs
- cough or hoarseness
- clay-colored stools
- vomiting items that appear like coffee grounds
- side pain
- rash, skin irritation or hives
- irregular or rapid heartbeat
- stomach pain
- foul breath odor
- loss of appetite
- blurred vision
- muscle or joint pain
- swollen eyes, eyelids, lips, tongue and face
- sore throat
- Red irritated eyes
- Chill-less fever
- peeling or loose skin
- white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- strange red skin lesions they appear purple in the middle
These side effects above are only a portion of side effects that patients have endured when taking Xarelto.Xarelto Lawsuit
Injured victims of Xarelto claim that the manufacturers of this drug promoted it as a "one size fits all" medication. The prescription drug is certainly not a one size fits all type of medication. Here’s a few reasons why:
- Manufacturers marketed the blood thinner as a drug that was self-sufficient and did not need monitoring to see if the drug was a healthy fit.
- Evidence of the possible dangers of this drug was hidden from the medical community, consumers and even the government.
- The drug makers failed to warn about certain side effects, such as uncontrollable bleeding.
- The manufacturers did not properly test the drug prior to distributing the it to the market.
- Xarelto is reported has a hazardous, defective drug for human consumption. The manufacturers have been accused of being negligent.
- Manufacturers are also accused of false advertising and misrepresenting the safety of the drug.
If you or a loved one experience any unusual side effects, contact your medical doctor or the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
If you or a loved one have differed injuries while using Xarelto, you may be entitled to compensation. Call Anzalone Law Firm PLLC, at: 603.548.3797 for a free, no-obligation legal consultation.