Family Practitioner Malpractices
When you experience the negligence of a doctor or even a health care provider, it can feel like you have been betrayed. When you are treated by a doctor, you trust that he/she will protect your health. That trust is broken after discovering that your injuries may have been prevented if it wasn’t for their mistakes.
If you or a loved one have been injured due family practitioner malpractice, Call Anzalone Law Firm PLLC, at: 603.548.3797 for a free consultation. Our aggressive malpractice lawyers in Nashua, New Hampshire will help fight for your rights as a victim of medical malpractice.
Here are a few examples of family practitioner malpractices:Delayed or Misdiagnosis Diagnosis
The majority of delayed or misdiagnosis are to blame for many medical malpractice occurrences.
All of the apologies in the world will not compensate for the pain and suffering that a patient must endure when a doctor misdiagnoses or delays a diagnosis. The reason why misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis are so detrimental to patient is because he/she misses treatment opportunities that could have prevented serious injuries or even death of a baby or mother.Childbirth Medical Injuries
Childhood medical injuries are often associated with a obstetrician's or physician’s negligence. This can occur before a child is born and even during childbirth. Here are a few examples of common childbirth injuries:
- Fractured bones
- Seizure disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb's and klumpke's pals
In addition, if a doctor fails to provide proper prenatal care, it could possibly injure the mother and/or the fetus. Problems may also occur during the actual birthing process. Here are a few examples of negligent prenatal care:
- Neglects identifying birth defects
- Does not identify medical conditions, such as gestational diabetes, anemia, hypoglycemia and preeclampsia in the mother
- Does not call for a c-section when a mother is desperately in need of one
- Neglects identifying ectopic pregnancies
- Does not foresee childbirth complications due to a tangled umbilical cord or a baby's large size
- Does not diagnose a contagious diseases that could transfer into the mother's fetus, such as neonatal lupus or genital herpes
- Fails to respond during signs of fetal distress
- Utilizes the vacuum extractor or forceps improperly.
When physicians make negligent mistakes during childbirth, it could cause serious harm to the mother and baby. Physicians who are negligent should be held responsible for their mistakes.
In addition to the medical malpractice injuries mentioned previously, medication errors can also be added to the list. Common medication errors include:
- Incorrect dosage levels on a prescription drug
- The doctor writes the wrong prescription.
- The nurse administers the improper amount of medication even though the prescription is accurate.
- Medical equipment that is used to supply a drug fails to work properly. As a result, it causes an excessive amount of medication to be administered to a patient.
If you have experienced any of the family practitioner malpractices mentioned, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.