Picture of Michael Anzalone

Carbon Monoxide Related to Defective Boilers

A noxious gas, carbon monoxide is released when fuel is not properly burned. It is tasteless, colorless, and odorless. Thus, it is impossible for individuals to detect without the use of an alarm for carbon monoxide.

From boilers, flues, or heaters which have either not been maintained properly or been installed correctly, carbon monoxide can leak.

It is often too little, too late, unfortunately, when individuals realize they have a leak of carbon monoxide. The effects of poisoning of carbon monoxide are extremely catastrophic, at times causing crucial illness or death.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Claim

As a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, if you have sustained injury, or you have been ill as a result of a shoddy boiler, it’s possible you are entitled to full compensation from managing agents or your landlord.

Success in a claim such as this can be to confirm your landlord was aware or ought to have been aware about the dilemma.

This is either because they failed to implement the necessary gas safety annual check, or you have complained about the defective boiler or heater before.

In these types of cases, attorneys may understand this is not only about mere compensation. You believe the defendant behaved negligently and you’re entitled to feel vindicated.

If carbon monoxide gases backdraft due to a blocked chimney, flue, or exhaust vent, this can cause conditions that may threaten your life inside the building or home.

Accumulated soot or rusty metal flies can indicate leakage in a combustion which limit venting of noxious lethal gases to outdoor spaces.

Many signs of acute poisoning from carbon monoxide are from heaters and boilers, which can be readily detected. However, that may not always be the case.

Signs that are obvious include the following: the accumulation of soot; loose or missing furnace panels; chimney water dripping; vent system rusting; falling debris from a fireplace chimney or heater; a burner adjusted improperly; damage or blockage hidden in the vent system; moisture accumulated on the inside of window glass; damaged or malfunctioning internal heater or boiler components; and carbon monoxide not easily detected.

Normally, it takes an efficient service trained technician to detect these problems to correct and locate many of these conditions.

Cases of defective boilers can normally entail a host of requests from any victim to his or her managing agent, or landlord to implement repairs, or merely replace the defective boiler.

This can lead, as well, to an increased sense of frustration and anger in the injured victim when requests seemingly reasonable are ignored, and illness or injury is the result.

These victims of these cases will typically consider the process of the utmost importance to prove publicly they were in the right, rather than a mere compensatory aspect in entitlement.

You or a loved one may have suffered illness due to carbon monoxide poisoning from a defective heater or boiler.

Contact us for a free consultation, or call Anzalone Law Firm PLLC, at: 603.548.3797

Client Reviews
Great lawyer...Professional, organized, caring and effective. Michael is very informative and was always willing to explain the reasons behind what was being done. Can't say enough about how helpful he was every step of the way. It was really nice to feel like I actually understood what was going on with my case. Catherine Veilleux