Picture of Michael Anzalone

Second Aggravated DWI

2nd Offense DWI (Driving While Intoxicated)

If you have a DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) on your criminal record, there is a chance you could be charged with 2nd Offense DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) if you are pulled over by a police officer.

If this happens to you, the first thing you need to do is call an attorney who is experienced in DWI cases. Michael Anzalone knows the laws and will stand by your side if you are charged with driving while intoxicated.

Anyone who operates a motor vehicle while under the influence should know that in New Hampshire DWI offenses include the use of alcohol AND drugs, even prescription drugs. This means that you can be arrested if you appear to be under the influence of “intoxicating liquor or any controlled drug, prescription drug, over-the-counter drug, or any other chemical substance, natural or synthetic, which impair a person’s ability to drive.”

So, before you get behind the wheel, you should familiarize yourself with the law.

The best thing you can do is to refrain from driving while under the influence of any substance. But you should know the law if you do get pulled over.

Again, the best thing to do is call The Anzalone Law Firm and speak to a lawyer who knows New Hampshire’s driving laws.

In New Hampshire, you are considered legally drunk if your blood alcohol content is 0.08 or more. If you are under the age of 21, however, you’re considered legally drunk if you alcohol concentration is 0.02 or more.

If this is your second offense, you will face a Class A misdemeanor charge with a fine of at least $750 and, if this occurred within two years of the first offense, you could get a mandatory sentence of no less than 60 days in jail, of which 30 shall be suspended.

Also understand that your driver’s license could be revoked for not less than three years. Then, to get your driver’s privileges restored, you’ll have to complete a service plan developed by the state’s Impaired Driver Care Management Program and pay all relevant fines associated with the case.

The choice is yours. If you decide to drink and drive, please understand that you’ll face the consequences if a police officer pulls you over.

If it happens, you should call a lawyer experienced in DWI cases in New Hampshire.

Your lawyer will provide the advice to get you back on track as quickly as possible. But, your driving privileges will likely be revoked and you may have to attend a number of hearings and pay fines for the offenses. These fines can be substantial. For example, the court may order you to pay restitution or attend an alcohol or drug abuse program.

The best thing you can do is have a designated driver if you plan to drink. But if the worst happens and an officer stops you and accuses you of driving while intoxicated, be informed of your rights.

For your convenience you can click the following link to educate yourself on the state’s driving laws. These are the laws that attorneys in New Hampshire live by:

Please call Michael Anzalone at 603.548.3797 for a free consultation.

Client Reviews
Great lawyer...Professional, organized, caring and effective. Michael is very informative and was always willing to explain the reasons behind what was being done. Can't say enough about how helpful he was every step of the way. It was really nice to feel like I actually understood what was going on with my case. Catherine Veilleux