Picture of Michael Anzalone

Traffic Tickets

You’re speeding down the highway, late to an appointment, and you see those dreaded flashing lights coming up fast behind you. You pull over and an officer walks to your window.

He gives you a speeding ticket. And you are on your way to your appointment.

What happens next?

This is something that you need to take seriously and you can’t ignore it. If you think you’ve been wrongly given a traffic ticket, you should immediately contact criminal defense lawyer Michael Anzalone. This is not something that you should forget about. It will catch up with you and there will be unwanted consequences.

Here are some things you should know about traffic tickets in New Hampshire. Fines are consistent across the state, according to the New Hampshire Department of Motor Vehicles. And you MUST respond to your traffic ticket within 30 days of receiving it. If you don’t, you will risk having additional fines tacked on, including a $50 late fee. And there could be other penalties. So don’t waste time. Respond now, or reach out to your lawyer for help.

On your ticket, it should tell you how much you owe and whether you will have to appear in court.

What Can Happen as a Result of a Traffic Ticket?

When you are convicted of a traffic offense, you will receive points or demerits against your driving record in New Hampshire. These points are assigned depending on the offense. For minor offenses, you receive one point. A serious violation comes with a six point violation.

What does this mean? The Department of Motor Vehicles will suspend your driving privileges if you accumulate a certain number of points during one calendar year. If you are under the age of 18, that happens when you accumulate six points. If you are ages 18 to 20, a suspension comes with nine points and if you are over the age of 21, your driving privileges are suspended once you get 12 points on your record during one calendar year.

Here is a good primer on the point system.

You may be wondering how you can get points removed from your record. There is a way, according to state laws. If you have accumulated at least three points, you may be eligible to complete a driver education program to have three points removed from your record. You will have to check with your lawyer or officials at the DMV to find out if you qualify.

If a court appearance is not required on your ticket, you may be able to pay online, by mail, by phone or in person at a DMV office.

You have the right to contest a ticket. You should contact criminal defense attorney Michael Anzalone at The Anzalone Law Firm for assistance on appealing this ticket. He will question you about the case and give you an honest assessment of your chances in contesting the ticket.

Remember, it’s best to get this taken care of as quickly as possible.

Call 603.548.3797 today for a free consultation with Michael Anzalone.

Client Reviews
Great lawyer...Professional, organized, caring and effective. Michael is very informative and was always willing to explain the reasons behind what was being done. Can't say enough about how helpful he was every step of the way. It was really nice to feel like I actually understood what was going on with my case. Catherine Veilleux