Picture of Michael Anzalone

Drunk New Hampshire Man Facing Multiple Charges After Crashing His Vehicle in Salem

SALEM, N. H. _ A drunk New Hampshire man is facing multiple charges after authorities say he crashed his vehicle into a bank in Salem on July 26.

After the crash, police say David Jaime tried to run, then briefly resisted arrest before he was handcuffed and taken to the Salem Police Department. Later that evening he was taken to a local hospital for treatment of the injuries suffered during the crash.

Lawyers will tell you it is best not to drink and drive. But if you do, you should contact a DWI attorney in New Hampshire for advise on how to proceed with your case.

Generally, arrests for DWI or DUI go something like this:

Either there is a crash involving a drunk driver, or someone calls police to report that someone is driving while apparently impaired. In some cases the police officers notice erratic driving and pull the vehicle over.

It’s too late, once you are pulled over. As soon as you stop, you’ll be introduced to the world after a DWI or DUI arrest. It will be a rude awakening if you’ve never been in trouble before.

The officer will likely order you to stop your car, step outside the vehicle and take a Breathalyzer or various field sobriety tests to help determine whether you are intoxicated or impaired.

In New Hampshire, you are considered too impaired to drive if your blood alcohol level is 0.08 percent or higher. For those under 21 years of age, the threshold is even lower, at 0.02 percent.

You have the right in New Hampshire to refuse to take a breath test. But under the state’s Implied Consent law _ which you agreed to when you were issued your driver’s license _ you’ve already given your approval to submit to a breath or urine or blood test if you are suspected of drunken driving.

If you do refuse such a test, however, you need to know that your driver’s license will be suspended for 180 days. Right off the bat, before you go before a judge. If you are found guilty, you could also have a much longer suspension awaiting you.

Once this is completed, you’ll be taken to the jail for processing if they believe you should be arrested on drunken driving charges.

As soon as possible, you should contact a New Hampshire DWI attorney. You’ll need your attorney’s advice as your case heads to court.

If you are impaired you may not be thinking clearly and you may be in shock to find yourself in jail.

You’ll soon learn that driving while impaired by either alcohol or drugs, or a combination of both, is a very serious offense in New Hampshire. At this point you are in a lot of trouble.

You will probably be allowed to bond out of jail fairly quickly, depending on the circumstances of your case.

You’ll need to contact a New Hampshire DWI lawyer for a consultation. If you are a first-time offender, you’ll face lesser charges as long as you haven’t been involved in a crash that injured or killed someone.

If you are convicted, the judge will send you to the state’s Impaired Driver Care Management program. You’ll be ordered to undergo an intake session and screening. If officials believe you have substance use issues, you’ll be given a further evaluation and ordered into some form or treatment, whether it’s individual or in a group setting.

You will also be required to participate in some educational programs relating to DWI and DUI.

It will be costly, which you’ll quickly find out. The fees and fines ordered by the judge add up quickly, as do the attorney fees. And, you’ll also be responsible for all the costs associated with the Impaired Driver Care Management Program.

It is in your best interest to consult with a DWI lawyer in New Hampshire to make sure your case gets the best possible outcome.

Client Reviews
Great lawyer...Professional, organized, caring and effective. Michael is very informative and was always willing to explain the reasons behind what was being done. Can't say enough about how helpful he was every step of the way. It was really nice to feel like I actually understood what was going on with my case. Catherine Veilleux